Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 176: Most High God



I just had my first meeting for Thailand, and I couldn't be more excited! The dynamic on this team is going to be so different, but I feel like my time in Haiti, and with my team, has prepared me to serve in this capacity.

I really never saw myself to be doing this in my life, ever. I never thought that short term missions were in His plan for my life, but my heart has clung to this ministry, and I need to be praying more than ever for my friends in Haiti, and those that I have yet to make in Thailand.

Looking at my name cards from the women's night of prayer, the card I have today is Most High God, and that is exactly the lens that I need to see God in more than ever. Living in America, I am blessed with so many things that take up my life. With all of this “stuff,” it's so easy to forget that He is not just a god, but that He is a creator, Most High God:

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.”
Psalm 91:1-2

I want to live like this all of the time, not just when I'm heading on a trip. I want to rely on Him to be the Most High God, a place of refuge, safety, and the one in whom I can trust.

I'm incredibly blessed to have this opportunity, and I can't wait to share the love of Christ with everyone I meet on my trip.

But first, I want to make sure I'm doing it here, where God has blessed me so deeply.


In Christ,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment