Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 175: To Be Honest

We hear that telling the truth is the right thing to do. Usually, we learn this at a very young age, and then it is reinforced as we grow up. We learn the value of what is true, and eventually we come to see in Jesus how the greatest truth serves to sets us free.

In my life, I have been a pretty honest person, but I've always had troubles putting my feelings out there for people to see, know, and feel. My heart was hard to let other people see me from the inside out, and it was a long time coming when God finally broke me free of that burden.

But, sometimes, I wish he didn't.

I enjoyed living in secret, sometimes. I enjoyed not having to put myself out there, because that's when you get hurt.

And no one likes getting hurt.

But I finally shared a truth that I've been holding on to for a while now. It was something that was so obvious, but was never really said out loud.

That sort of unspoken truth.

And then I said it...oops.

The reaction I received was sudden, and short, but that's to be expected when any truth is shared honestly, and from the heart.

And, I have found, that I am free. That small conversation, and realization of truth for myself, has made me see myself more clearly, as well as the situation.

I praise God for allowing me to be bold in what I knew to be true, and for helping me to be honest with myself and the situation.

He makes all things clear, and new, and revives our hearts.

I simply love that.


In Christ,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment