Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 139: With

“Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning God with us).” Matthew 1:23

“...The Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God with us').” Isaiah 7:14

I've never been one to necessarily feel God with me. I've felt his presence, and power, but I think I often limit the amount of time I rest in Him, and with him.

I want to change that.

All around me, I see what He is doing in my life. Never before have I felt so alive in the moment that He has me in. I've never had more hope.

But, with that, I've never had more fear, and anxiety.

Do I have what it takes to accomplish all that He has set before me? Am I worthy of the call He has placed on my heart? Am I ready?

With Him, the answer is always yes. But the key is the with. I need to be with Him, taking in His direction for my life in the midst of my uncertainty.

I feel like I have been so distant from where I need to be, as far as digging into the roots of my relationship with God. In my mind, the desire is strong, but I long for it to make its way through my veins, and to my heart...I want it to become a life blood pulsing inside of me.

In this time of faith and doubt, from time to time, I will remember who He says He is, Immanuel, God with me.


In Christ,


Lilia

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even kidding when I say this, but I think you and I are actually one person. This morning, during my time in prayer, the only thing that I heard God say to me was, "I am near. I am Immanuel." So to read this today is kinda nuts--and so very God. His presence is truly the sweetest gift.

    ReplyDelete