Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 137: My Husband

When I was at the women's night of prayer this year, I received a name card for God, like all of the other women there. This year, the name I received was “my husband,” and immediately I knew what it was all about. In the verses that adorned the front, and back, of the card, the clear message from God was:

I am faithful. I am enough. I am all you need.

And I needed to hear that. In a society that tells you so often that you are nothing without money, status, or a significant other, it is always incredibly important to focus all of your attention on the one who has a plan for you: Jesus.

For the longest time, I have struggled with my focus. My brain was so scattered, and only a few precious minutes were designated for the one who created me. I crammed the rest of my time with friends, unhealthy thoughts, and extra activities.

I looked for time with God, but didn't make it. And that, my friends, makes all the difference.

We can't take time for God unless we make it. There will never be time to spend with Him unless we put him first before that movie, or facebook, or that friend, or that guy that you are all about.

He is sufficient.
He is enough.

“'In that day,' declares the LORD, 'you will call me my husband...'” Hosea 2:16
“I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you mine, and you will finally know me as LORD.” Hosea 2:19-20.

These verses were so convicting because I haven't been looking to Jesus for my sustenance, or even for my worth. I carelessly let others define who I was, and in the process I hurt myself more than I could imagine.

I am on the road, now, to regain that confidence that comes from knowing Christ. For a while, I thought I was ready to welcome a relationship in my life, but God has clearly shown me that He wants me first, and that He will be (and has already proved to be) faithful, and will show me righteousness, justice, and unfailing love.

There is no one on this earth that can give me all of that. And there certainly isn't a man who could do that.

I'm looking forward to getting lost in Jesus all over again. Lord knows I need it :)


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment