Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 131: The Lord is My Rock

“Trust in the LORD always for the LORD GOD is the eternal rock.” Isaiah 26:4

“Anyone who listens to My teaching and obeys Me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock.” Matthew 7: 24-25

For the next month or so, I will be devoting my blog to the names of God that I received at the women's night in prayer, 2012, at solid rock. Not only will this focus my thoughts of God, but I know that it will help us all to remember all that he does for us through the names that He has.

It's only been four days since Lent has started, but this season has been difficult for me. Amidst the daily grind, my mind just gets caught up in so many things, regardless of whether or not I want to think about them.

This has been a time for me to really figure out how to take my thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ.

Remembering that the Lord is my rock is really all that is keeping everything together for me. When I feel hopeless, or lost in the pain that I feel, I remember that nothing can move me as long as I am founded on the solid rock.

Today, at bible study, we prayed over issues that we're all having that we need to let go. Some people mentioned selfishness, and others believing the lies of the enemy. But, for me, I confessed my lack of trust in God.

I confessed how I haven't trusted him completely with the issues that I'm going through, mostly because sometimes I like to hold on to things. As weird as it is, sometimes God is there for us but we choose to remain in the dark for a little while longer.

Just one more drink.
Just one more kiss.
Just one more night in sin.

It's with this lack of trust that I've felt myself slipping further away from what He has for me. But, it is with this reminder that He is my rock that I can really see what God's word says about who He is.

Trust Him when He tells you who He is. He is the rock, and a solid foundation that you can build your life on.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment