Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 132: The Lion

“Stop weeping – behold the Lion...has overcome.” Revelation 5:5

“Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent His Son to be the savior of the world. We know how much God loves us and how we have put our trust in Him.” 1 John 4:14

In the entirety of the scriptures, one of my definite top three names for God is the Lion.

If you know anything about me, you know that I am fairly competitive, and dare I say...aggressive. And, if I were an animal, I'm pretty sure that I would want to be a lion. There is something so strong, fierce, and regal about the lion.

There is something about this animal that makes it seem...respectable, royal, and fit to reign in the animal kingdom.

Much like that feeling I have for the Lion the animal, I have similar feelings about the Lion of Judah, or God.

When I think about Jesus, I think about respectability, royalty, strength, and power...all similar to the attributes of a lion. I don't think of Jesus as a shy person because scripture clearly shows that along with being respectable and strong, He was also intelligent, and very aware of his surroundings.

The sign of Jesus' power can clearly be seen in the strength and bravery of a lion, and also, I see the victory in light of this symbol as well. Like the passage in Revelation notes, we are called to stop weeping because the Lion, or Jesus, has overcome.

He is powerful enough to overcome your issues, and pain, and worries, and anxiety, because He has already overcome the world.

Immerse yourself in this victory, and praise the Lion of Judah who has overcome the world to set us free.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment