Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 128, 129, 130: I Can See Clearly Now


It's incredible what God will show you when you open your eyes.

In the past three days, I have had the most amazing times that I have had in a while. Spending time with friends, praying hard for everything under the sun, and experiencing some much needed time away from certain situations in my life, God is really allowing me to see what life “abundant” looks like.

He's also showing me what it looks like to be free.

In my life, I have never really considered myself to have any addictions, or to have an “addictive” personality, so to speak. But, in this time away from the conventional, God has shown me that although I may not have common “addictions,” I definitely have made certain things, and peoples, idols in my life, which have fostered addictions.

It's funny how you don't recognize that you're a captive, until you know freedom.

And that is the story of the cross that I daily remind myself when I find myself weakly reaching back to those things that held me in great bondage. If I think on what He did to set me free, and what I was set free from, and for, it makes accepting that grace, mercy, and freedom even easier.

He is helping me to see clearly, and to love Him better in the midst of this clarity.

In Christ,


Lilia

P.S. At the women's night of prayer, we had an amazing time, and spent conversations discussing the names of God. In my next blogs, I will focus on one name, per day, and relate how God is influential in my life through that specific name. I'm stoked...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment