Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 127: A God That Feels

I never take the time to think about the fact that I love a God who feels.
He is love, defined, but He knows the entire range of human emotions; nothing I feel is lost on Him.
A while back, John Mark discussed a passage from Hebrews that highlighted this fact that God is not only able to see what we're going through, but he is able to empathize with what we are going through.
We are not alone. It's raw truth.
So why do I feel like I am alone sometimes?
Lately, I've been feeling this way. I have the most amazing support system in the world, but my mouth and heart feel dry. I don't feel like talking to anyone, much. And when I do, I question everything that comes out of my mouth. In my mind I sound silly, useless, sad, unfortunate.
And on top of that, I don't really feel like feeling. It's as if I am feeling too much at once to really comprehend what it all means. And I don't know if I want to comprehend what it all means.
Ugh, humanity. This is what it feels like.
And He still came.
He still felt:
“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.” Hebrews 4:15
He knows what I am going through, the sin I am tempted with, and the weaknesses I have in my life. And yet He encourages me to overcome, because He has overcome the world. And through him, I can do the same.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4
And this is why we have hope, so that we can “approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
God is there not only to feel our pain, but to show us grace and mercy in the midst of it.
Because God isn't only victorious, but He knows how I feel every step of the way, and encourages me to keep going.
May we listen to what he has for us, fully knowing that He knows us inside and out.
In Christ,
Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment