Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 125: Forty.

This week is flying by: Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, and now lent is upon us. It's funny to hear people talk about lent, and specifically what they are planning to give up, because most often it is something that they could easily do without.

But then there those who instinctively search within their lives for what they feel intensely connected to, and opt to cut it out of their lives for forty days.

I don't usually participate in lent, mostly because I don't necessarily see any root in it besides the imitation of Christ's time in the wilderness for 40 days and nights, but I think I want to give it a go. Here, and now.

There is one thing in my life that has had a huge impact as of late, both negative and positive. It's something that I value greatly, but also something that has seemed to consume parts of my heart and thought life like I didn't think possible.

And so I'm done, for forty days, starting today.

Jesus, you know my heart; keep it close to you. Help me.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment