Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 97: Friends For Life

When I was younger, my first real best friend was a boy. I was so much more comfortable around guys that I found myself seeking out their friendship as opposed to girls. I guess it didn't hurt that I was also a tomboy, and was much more interested in dodgeball than in braiding my hair.

But, as I grew up, I found that even though I had grown up having good friendships with guys, that I didn't carry this over into my relationships. I really don't know why...

Often, I would meet someone and fall into the instant attraction/dating game. We barely had time to get to know each other, and we didn't really care. This led to relationships with people I essentially knew nothing about. But, for some reason, I couldn't go back.

I couldn't figure out how to be just friends with guys anymore. If I wasn't dating a guy, I surrounded myself with a few, incredibly close, girl friends. And then the next guy I was friends with, I was mysteriously dating a week or two later.

Now I'm realizing how important friendship is. Without that foundation, a relationship cannot grow, and can never really begin.

I'm writing all of this because of Diane Comer's most recent blog about one of my favorite sermons that John Mark has ever preached. Each week, I will reblog her breakdown of the four most important pieces of a relationship.

I pray for more than someone to spend the rest of my life with.
I pray for a best friend to spend the rest of my life with.

Read the blog & be blessed:


In Christ,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment