Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 63: The Lord is My Shepherd

 As I sit here, listening to Dark Side of the Moon while eating chocolate chip pancakes and sipping iced tea, I can't help but be grateful for what God has done for me. I know my struggles, and in my life there are so many uncertainties.

So why is it then, that all I can do is smile when I think about my life?

It's just Jesus, honestly.

For so long, I've been focused on achievement, on making something of myself. And here I sit, with a bachelor's and a master's degree, essentially having done all the “right things,” but still being rejected from positions for having done too much. I don't mind working any job, so it's frustrating when people tell me I am far too overqualified to do this, or to do that. I just want to work with kids. I don't care if I'm the actual teacher, or if I'm just an assistant.

It's such a simple desire that I have, but it's overshadowed by technicalities and politics like everything else.

The world is so backwards sometimes.

That's what I love so much about Jesus. He is so straightforward, and with Him, I know that my good is always at the forefront of what He wants for me. He doesn't want to confuse me, or reduce me to my struggles. He wants to know me, to love me, and to encourage me.

There is peace in that, in knowing that even though I'm not where I want to be in life, I'm exactly where He has me for a reason. I know I just wrote about this a couple blogs ago, but it's just been so relevant for me lately and so encouraging.

I am so blessed by Him. I have a HUGE, loving family (who I miss so crazy much), great friends who are always there for me, a job with coworkers I love, a substituting job at a school with kids and teachers that I absolutely adore, and so much more.

God has been so gracious with me, even when I've done nothing to deserve it. Mercy & grace are his specialties.

And, even though this is technically supposed to be the blog for yesterday (since I had wayyy too much fun lat night with a friend and his family, and didn't have time to write), I want to end my blog with today's psalm. It's psalm 23, and when I was thinking of what to blog about, I immediately thought to read the psalm of the day just to see if maybe it would resonate with what was on my heart for this blog...and of course it did :)

Psalm 23 is a popular one, and for good reason. It talks about surrendering our lives to God and knowing that His love will follow us the rest of our lives. He is teaching me to let go, and let Him, because He is faithful.

Psalm 23
    A psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever.






In Christ,






Lilia



No comments:

Post a Comment