Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 62: Daughters of Jersualem

Sisters,

This is my open letter to you. THANK YOU for being an encouragement to me, for taking the time to tell me that you love me, that you think I'm beautiful, for reminding me of my worth in Jesus, for letting me know that you are praying for me, and for all the times that you stop what you're doing to pray with me right away.

I can't thank you enough.

There are too many women in our world who don't have this kind of experience, and maybe don't have women in their lives who are always ready with an encouraging word and selfless hearts. This is where we step in, where you step in.

You are loved; you are a daughter of Jerusalem, of the living God. You were made in the image of a creator, fearfully and wonderfully, and we need to share that love with women who don't know what it feels like.

Growing up without a father, my issues with men stemmed deep within my heart. How to love, how to be loved, how to encourage, how to be encouraged...all these things were lost on me. I didn't know how to receive or express love adequately until God stepped in and redeemed my story. He is unfailing love, and now that I know that, it tears me apart to see women struggling with who they are, and where they fit in society.

God has put it on my heart recently, through a series of random events, to really pray more for women who don't know their worth. So, ladies, please join me and step out in faith for these women. I know that, about a month ago, God called me to send a message to a girl I have never even met. Even worse, she is the ex girlfriend of a friend of mine who I used to have feelings for.

How awkward is that?

But God was clear in His message, almost unusually clear. His message was simple: tell her what she means to me; tell her that I love her, and that she is beautiful to me. I was blown away, mostly because I was afraid of the repercussions. What would she say? Would she say anything? Would she write back a scathing response?

I didn't receive anything back, and I am okay with that, because I know I did what He called me to do, and sometimes all we are to do is encourage. I don't know where that woman is at now, but I do know that God is pursuing after her so much, and cares deeply about her. And, I also know, that whatever we do or do not have in common, we are daughters and sisters in Jesus Christ.

That bond crosses all boundaries.

And so, I am learning to pray for women to know their worth, and who they are founded in. I pray for healthy relationships with other women to encourage and sharpen each other.

Tonight, I received a text message (which happens fairly frequently) from my friend Cynthia. She is so good and letting the women in her life know that she is praying for them, and I want all of us to be that for each other. Jesus shines so surely through her, and I am so blessed by that.

Send that text message, and give that hug. Speak a kind word, or just listen to what another woman has on her heart.

As we wait for what God has for our own lives, seek ways to encourage women, so that we can constantly enjoy the glory that is in Jesus through our fellowship.


I love you from the very bottom of my heart,


Lilia


No comments:

Post a Comment