Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 55: We Three Kings


There I go again, almost falling asleep without blogging.

The shame!

Today was a really mellow day. I had a calm start to the day, and work was swell. I didn't really have any huge epiphanies, but I did get to spend my evening with some especially talented ladies...or should I say, “kings.”

Yes, for my roommate Alana's Christmas CD, she asked our friend Whitney and I to accompany her on the classic carol, “We Three Kings.”

We're all familiar with the story behind the carol, of the wise men who had a dream and followed the star that guided them to the birthplace of our savior, Jesus. Much abounds in various discussion of these wise men, or magi, or whatever else they've been called throughout the years, but the central idea is the same: these men came to honor the birth of Jesus.

The true meaning of this holiday season, and us singing this carol, is to shed light on the fact that Jesus was born. That's right, GOD took on human form all as a part of His plan to bring us salvation.

If that isn't enough reason to celebrate, I don't know what is.

And, sometimes, it's important to remember that it's enough to sing, to praise, to worship Him as king. I think that too many times we focus on doing so much that we forget how easy it is to just lift a song up to the Lord. In your car, in the shower, in front of thousands of people, don't be afraid to worship the Lord, your God, in song!!

God is showing me why the little song we sang is important, and why all the rest of the songs for this season are important. These songs mark the beginning of Jesus' earthly life, and begins the human story of our salvation.

It's a beautiful thing, and as I mix this song together and lay the finishing harmonies and tracks, I need to remember that God is glorified in all of it, and that He loves when we just take the time to praise Him.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment