Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 54: I Am Israel


My daily reading time has been so difficult lately. It's not for lack of time, but because it's tough to read over and over and OVER again how Israel failed, and how they turned away from God. Why is it so difficult, I wonder?

Maybe because when I look at these stories of Israel, I see myself.

I'm worrying so much about so many things, even though we JUST heard a message (not even 2-3 weeks ago) that told me not to worry, I am falling by the wayside far too often.

I think about where I'm going to live next year, and how I need to find a job that will make me more money so that I can do more than live from paycheck to paycheck.

And even though I am reminded in the word over and over and OVER again that God is provider, and has a plan, I still doubt.

I am the Israelite.

I build my own gods to meet my desires, and worship idols that the world gives me. When will I stop seeking the fake faithfulness of the world, and wait for the genuine glory that God wants through my life?

When, Israel...when?
When, Lilia...when?

God is teaching me to see myself for what I really am, from time to time, and is calling me to bear through what I sometimes find “boring,” to realize that the story of Israel is my story. The story of God calling his people to redemption is the story that He has in my life.

My good friend Cynthia sent me a verse today, and it couldn't have been more encouraging. It's Matthew 11: 28-30. Look it up, and be blessed. It is where Jesus tells us to go to Him, all of us who are burdened and heavy laden and He will give us rest.

I need that rest so much, and God is teaching me that although I am the Israelite in my doubt and my impatience, I am also the Israelite that is called to be a part of those that He has chosen.

I am redeemed, and I want to live like it.

Set your sight on the Lord, the hope of glory.


In Christ,


Lilia


No comments:

Post a Comment