Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 53: Blameless

This morning, my friend Nicole did what she always does: she updated her Facebook with a status about God. If I ever need encouragement, her Facebook is one that I go to specifically because I know there will be truth all over it!

Today, her status talked about reading Proverb 2, so I took it to heart and looked over it. Of course, I was blessed, and remembered how this proverb had always been one of my favorites. Over the course of the day, I didn't really think too much about it, but then on the way home from the airport (where I went to pick up my wonderful roommate, Kelsey), I started thinking of it again.

Lately, I've had a few people in my life who have needed encouragement, and advice, badly. Each time I have tried my best to direct them back to the Lord, but I always felt like there was something missing in what I was telling them. Then, thinking about Proverb 2, I remembered the simplest way (in my opinion) to follow, and be like, Jesus:

Be blameless.

While I was trying to counsel people who have been torn to pieces by people who they sincerely care about, and who are also believers, I neglected to share with them the plain fact that even though they may be wronged in a multitude of ways, we are called to be blameless. The Lord honors those whose way's are blameless before Him, and Proverb 2 helped me to remember that, when it says

“For the LORD gives wisdom;
   from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
   he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
   and protects the way of his faithful ones.
 9 Then you will understand what is right and just
   and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
   and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
   and understanding will guard you.

God is a shield to those whose walk is blameless; praise Him. I realized that I needed not only to encourage my fellow brothers & sisters, but to remind them that God is not only a Healer, Comforter, and Savior, but He is also a shield for us when we are following Him and keeping our ways free from blame.

God is teaching, and challenging me to do this within my own life. Recently, I have discovered some built up distress that I have with people in my life, and some not-so-nice things I sometimes want to say. But then I remember mercy, and grace, and now the idea of being “blameless.”
God doesn't make it easy for us, but He makes it clear.

Love the Lord your God, and keep your ways blameless. He is honored when we live as sacrifices (Romans 12:1).


In Christ,
Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment