Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Days 169-171: The Good Friday Revival & Easter 2012

Good Friday brought a relationship back from the grave. After taking the time to officially give up a friend for lent, I initiated contact to restore this friendship that had been put to rest for 40 days and 40 nights.

During this time, I wondered: what is this achieving? I cried for the first two days, thinking that I had just lost one of the best friends I'd ever had. But, I knew that it was what I had to do.

I knew that God wanted more from me, and more from my divided heart.

On Good Friday, I was reminded of His goodness, pun totally intended. Not only did he provide me with a friendship that just seemed to pick right up where it left off, but he showed me the value and vulnerability of this friendship in a way that I had never seen before.

I feel like I saw the heart of this friendship for the first time.

And how did this happen?

In brokenness, like it always does. At times, we wonder if we are valued by others the way that we value them, and this time apart cemented the idea that my friendship is not a fad, but a source of encouragement and support for this friendship.

I felt really valued for the first time, and I'm still not sure how to feel about that.

Either way, Good Friday ushered in the rest of the weekend, and Easter came and went without a hitch. I was blessed beyond belief to be able to serve in a children's ministry that is so rock solid about Jesus, and I was blessed by people who have become my second family up here, and cherish me with a love that comes directly from God.

This Easter weekend brought back one friendship, strengthened another, and helped me to see just how much God is the glue that holds our entire universes together.

Praise Him...

In Christ,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment