Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 173: Overdue

There is a lot going on in my mind right now, but all I kept coming back to was this song. I'm a mess right now, overdue for time with my friend, and savior....

Overdue, by Strangers and Pilgrims

I'm a broken arrow, I'm like a bone dry well.
I'm a fruitless fig tree, Lord I need your help.
I'm a two way Christian, I've got one foot in hell.
I'm a spineless soldier, Lord I need your help.

I need you.

Oh, my soul, my soul,
our time is up, I'm overdue.
Oh, my love, my love,
now I will go, return to you.

I'm overdue.

I'm a two side coin flip, you never know what you'll get.
I'm a selfish hypocrite, Lord I need your help.
You gave me one good talent, I buried it underground.
I'm a useless servant, Lord I need your help.

I need you.

Well I'm afraid of where I'll run when you say you're coming soon.
And I'm afraid that I'll be the one who you say you never knew.

I'm overdue.

And, even though I fall apart and fail daily, I read this reminder today:
The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
Psalm 113:8-12

He is our constant HOPE.

In Christ,
Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment