Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 167: Somebody to Lean On

I've always had problems really confiding my deepest concerns or problems with people in my life. I've had, and have, people I consider best friends, but I still found myself keeping most things under wraps and far away from our conversations.

This year that all really fell apart.

During my time in Haiti, I discovered what it's really like to lay everything out before people...most of which I didn't know previous to going on the trip. I learned what it was like to completely bare my soul and my story to others without even knowing how they would react.

It was freeing in a way that I can't really describe.

All I'm trying to say is that we need to realize that the people God has in our lives are there for a reason, and if they are for you to confide in, then don't let fear or shame keep you from that.

Open your heart, heal, and see what God has for you in your vulnerability.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment