Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 135: Lord

“'Yes Lord,' the man said, 'I believe!' And he worshipped Jesus.” John 9:38
“And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” Mark 12: 30

When I think of LORD, I think of Yahweh. I think of a mighty creator God. The one who moves mountains, is jealous, and declares what is good.

I think of someone I wouldn't mind following.

Someone I want to give my life to.

A couple months back, Phil was giving a sermon and said this about Jesus: “If He's not Lord of all, He's not Lord at all.” That still resonates me. And, even though it's one of those hip Christian catch phrases, that doesn't make it any less true.

In my life, there are so many things I hold tight in my little fists. Yes, Lord, you can have whatever is around me, and beside me, but I want to hold on to these things in my own hands. I don't want to let these things go.

After all, what will you do with them?

That is how my life usually goes. And, day by day, I try to figure out how to open my hands, put my palms up and surrender.

I even went so far as to get a tattoo to remind me of that surrender, daily, minute by minute and hour by hour.

Today, I spent a lot of time thinking about where I am, and how I came to be here. I thought of what I did give to God, and what I refused...and somewhat still refuse..to give Him.

I realized that it goes deeper than appearances...that to make Him Lord of all means giving him our hearts, thoughts, and feelings. Everything.

I know that I am not alone in this, and I know that He has good for me. Lord, help me to remember that what you have is better than anything I could make up, or try to selfishly keep.

Help me to make you Lord of all.

In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment