Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 95: I Love You

To one of my most dear friends, I love you. I feel like today, you just need to hear that. We've been talking about a struggle you've had, and the one that I found myself all wrapped up in, too. But, God wants you to know that He is greater than that, and by extension...so are you.

I used to want what you want now. I tried to read between the lines, and I hung on every word. Is there something to this? Will this go anywhere? Am I good enough?

All these questions plagued me. Blah, blah, blah.

It took me forever to figure out I was asking the wrong questions.

How can I be like Jesus? How do I concern myself with holiness more than happiness? How do I learn to believe what God says about knowing my desires, and knowing me before I was even born?

How do I concern myself with others before even giving thought to myself?

How do I love people when they let me, and when they don't?

How do I become vulnerable when I've been broken before?

How do I forgive like I've been forgiven?

The list could go on and on, but my point is that there is so much more than the struggle you are facing and the one that I am still running into from time to time.

God has given me a sweet peace in my heart, and I know that you've watched me stumble, fall, and even crawl to get it. He has the same for you, and I know that you know that.

But I just felt like reminding you because, like I said in my last blog (via JM), there should be no struggle that we face alone. And, since I sadly have experience here, I wanted you to see that I am praying for you...and I'm coming alongside you to help you press on in the midst of the confusion, heartache, doubt, and loneliness.

He is our Lord, and portion, forever. There is no truer God, no truer promise. I love you!


In Christ,


Lilia



No comments:

Post a Comment