Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 65: For Your Glory


Tonight was amazing. I had the opportunity to spend time with awesome kids at the 8pm Christmas Eve service, and then had an awesome time attending the 11pm service with two of my favorite people.

Such a blessing :)

But, after I finished working with the kids at the 8, I had a bit of time to myself. I spent it reading through some psalms, and then felt the need to write something. During this season, we remember the birth of our Savior, and an overwhelming feeling of thanks came over me. So, in my journal, I wrote this letter to God with everything that is on my heart.

So, that's my blog for Christmas Eve, just these thoughts to God from my journal...

In Christ,


Lilia

------------------------------

Lord, you have so protected my heart. Too many times, I've let it fall to pieces everywhere but in Your hands – the only place that it could ever be whole. Thank you for keeping me in Your way and for reminding me that You are always after my joy.

You are no stranger to struggle, or pain, but You are love, embodied, and in that I find the deepest satisfaction possible. Help me to love You more everyday and to find the fullness of my worth in You. You have brought me through the thick of it all, into your light, and for Your glory.

The fractured heart I laid before You is now stitched together with Your compassion, mercy, and grace. You are the lifeline that enables it to beat; the rhythm reminds me that life is fragile, but that You are so good for giving me the gift of living.

You laid down Your life that I may live, that we all may live.
Thank you.

And, now, we celebrate Your birth – the beginning of Your earthly plan for your son, the most sacred sacrifice. Let our worship be pleasing, and may our actions be the same, as we celebrate who you are, holy and perfect.

Thank you for teaching me what it means to live life intentionally, knowing that Your purpose is always for our good.  Thank you for your glory.

Love you forever,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment