Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 58: Desire


Today I read about Hezekiah. FINALLY, a man who seeks what God would have him do:
"This is what Hezekiah did throughout Judah, doing what was good and right and faithful before the LORD his God. In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered." 2 Chronicles 31: 20-21
This was an encouragement. There is a hope, as always, with God and what He can do for us and with us.

My day started off terribly, but here I am, in my onesie/footie pajamas thankful for the hope that I can overcome anything and everything. I can do the impossible through my God that gives me strength.

Be encouraged by Hezekiah and his willingness to seek God and work wholeheartedly. I pray for that kind of willingness and obedience to God, and for a desire to know Him more.

God is teaching me that I need Him in every aspect of my life, and I have to make the choice to choose him continually. Like a relationship between any two people, I have to consciously make an effort to pour into my desire to know God (through His word, prayer, fellowship, etc.) or it will fall apart like heartbreak between two lovers.

I want to hunger, thirst, and yearn for Him. Pray that I always choose to satisfy these desires instead of whatever desires the world sets before me.



In Christ,


Lilia


No comments:

Post a Comment