Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 37: The Great Comforter

As I sit here, sipping on some tea made with ancient chinese magical medicine (props to Kathy from work at BR), I am reminded of God's love for me. Today has just been a day of wonderful reminders that He is there to soothe me even in my sickness.

The day started off miserably, with me thinking that I might have a fever again (and I might have actually had one, still not really sure), and then I had a full day of work ahead of me. I was worried, but headed to work anyway. When I got there, I knew I couldn't make it and was hoping for a way out. Eventually, my general manager told me that if I could open two BR cards, I could go home. I reluctantly agreed, even though I was so doubtful that it could happen because I was so sick.

Then God came through, big time!

Within an hour, I opened two cards and was set to go home. I immediately thanked God the minute I got into my car to return home. He helped me to do that and to get home to rest.

God continued to bless me throughout the day, got me home safe, and provided me with a roommate to sit and talk and laugh with while resting up for work tomorrow.

Even though I am sick, God still takes the time to let me know that I am loved and that He is the great comforter.

He is teaching me to look to Him for comfort, and that He will bless me through that.

I am so tired and mostly useless with my cold, but I am the most joyful useless person you could meet because of what He has done, and still does, for me :)


In Christ,




Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment