Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 35: Freely You Gave


The only thing I really look forward to about holidays are my family.

Sure, it hasn't always been that way. When I was younger, it was undoubtedly about the gifts and the feeling of what it meant to know that I was taken care of.

As I'm getting older, at the ripe age of 24 ;), I could care less about what I'm getting. It's such a bizarre concept now to look forward to receiving gifts, although when I was younger I was afraid of getting older and missing out on the good stuff. It's only now that I realize, as you get older, you grow into the “good stuff,” which is giving more than receiving and getting to enjoy the look on someone's face when you have given them something.

I look forward to spoiling my brother and my sister, and I am set on doing it even if I'm in another state. I'm not rich by any means, but this is the one time that I can pretend to be, and hopefully get them what they want. But, also in this time, I want to shape what I give to show them how fortunate they are. After going to Haiti, I realize all that I have is so much more than so many, and I want to be able to be a good steward of what I've been blessed with, and given.

But, more on that sooner to Christmas time :)

Although I can't be with my family tonight, I am so grateful for them. They mean the world to me. And, although I spent the majority of Thanksgiving alone (by my choice, and the help of some remnants of a cold), I've had a good time. I cleaned my room, played music, prayed, and watched the Princess Bride. I mean, really...what more could you ask for? ;)

Even though most people don't know, I'm an extreme introvert...yes, yes, doubt if you must, but I'm serious. I love, love, love being around people, but I am joyful being on my own as well. Today was a joyful day that I was able to spend relaxing, and catching up on things that I needed to get done.

I'm grateful to God for His provision. Thank you, Lord for all you've done, are doing, and will do for me. Words can't begin to express the gratitude that I have for what you've done, and so all I can do is live my words to show You.

Thank you for teaching me what it is to be blessed, and how to give thanks to You, the one who has given it all, and given it freely.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment