Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 34: Be The Center


God is impressive.

It's not a radical thought, but maybe it should be.

Maybe I should stop taking God's impressiveness for granted.

Yesterday, I was so sick. I felt so terrible, and I found myself reaching out to other things before I just buckled down and prayed. The simplest, yet most effective, way to healing was at my fingertips and it took me forever to figure it out.

I just asked, Lord, heal me. Please let this not be what I think it might be. Have your way in me, because I know whatever happens, it will be for your good.

God is so quick to hear prayer, and so amazing to use friends that I have around me for encouragement and even empathy. This very morning a good friend of mine texted me to tell me that she was sick and after she prayed she felt immediately better.

I asked if she had read my blog, thinking she was trying to relate because of what she had seen me discuss.

She said she hadn't had a chance to read my blog in a while because she left her computer at a friend's house.

How amazing! God is so good to provide when we don't realize it, and to surround us with people who so embody His character.

As I clock this blog in far after midnight, I realize that God wants my dependence to be on him, not on my job or benefits, not on friends and family, not on boys who drive me crazy.

Just Him.

Jesus, be the center of my life.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment