Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 18: A Short Note on Contentment


Sometimes I just like to be alone. And sometimes I just like to think.

Today was a day for both of those things, as I retreated to my room for the majority of my night and really pondered what God was doing in my life.

I had the opportunity to teach today, and I loved it. It is an amazing feeling when you have the opportunity to do something that you believe you were meant to do. With that said, it breaks my heart to not be able to do this full time.

But, then again...

I cherish the time that I have specifically because I am not teaching full time. God has placed opportunities elsewhere in my life and has given me a reasonably flexible job in retail to be able to do other things, and experience life in various ways.

I was focused for so long on finding that dream teaching job that I think I forgot to pay attention to the gifts and blessings that God was giving me. Now that I'm aware, I realize that He is teaching, and even challenging, me to be content with where I am in His plan for me.

Contentment rarely comes easily, especially when we are focused on everything but God.

He is teaching me to rest in His presence simply because that is where I will find true contentment.
But, oh, how it is easier said than done.


In Christ,



Lilia


No comments:

Post a Comment