Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 156-163: Spring Break/Dragging My Feet

As a coach, I stress to my players that when they move, they need to move with purpose. Whether it is cutting in for a pass, moving their feet on defense, or running the ball down the field, there has to be a specific reason for every move that they make.

I'm only realizing now that this is no different in every day life.

As I prepare myself for the next phase in my life, I find myself doing so many things that have no purpose, and serve to fill my time instead of improving it in any way. I move without purpose, through some haze, unwilling to connect with anything around me because I feel like I can't really continue to put down roots.

On the other hand, I am not willing to disconnect either, so in so many pieces of my life, I am hanging on by a weak string...

Spiritually, I feel like this in-between time is taking me through a draught. This is one of those times where I still feel the entirety of God's strength, but can't help but also feeling distant. And, much of it is because of my own shortcomings to really dig in.

This apathy is killing me...I need to remember that He overcame.

And I can, too.

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you something my mom told (actually, reprimanded)me when i felt like i was in that in-between state: "wherever you are, be all there. you have to be faithful where God puts you for however long that might be." That said, want a hug? a cookie? several?
    Love you. I'll pray that you are revived to be faithful during this last stretch in OR.

    ReplyDelete