Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 143: Awaken, Refresh


“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
“So God created people in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27

So often, I am numb to the beauty of creation. I may comment on how nice the weather is, but I feel like being raised in everyone else's “paradise” has jaded me in a way that I wasn't aware of before. When I hear people gasp at how beautiful something in nature is, I sometimes don't understand why.

I've come to find that I take the beauty of creation for granted so many times.

My prayer is to be refreshed. I want to look at the world in a new way, instead of yawning on each sunrise and sunset. Now, don't get me wrong, the other day I went on a hike to Angel's Rest, and my jaw dropped for a good long while, but I want to feel that way about all of creation.

I want to feel that way about the massive rain drops that we see here in Oregon, and about the sunshine that we have been so fortunate to see as of late. I want to go crazy over puddles, and mountains, and slush, and everything else that God has made in nature that plays a role in the beauty of the world.

God, remind me of how you created the earth and how you created us. Help me to awake to the beauty that you have surrounded me with, in nature, and in people.

Nature is evidence of your goodness; open my eyes to the wonders of your hands.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment