Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 122: The Missing Piece

I know I'm not alone in realizing the lack of a women's ministry at my church. In a place where the majority of people serving, in every ministry, appear to be women, I was completely caught off guard when I realized that there was nothing in place specifically for these servants, these women who give so freely and gladly of themselves.

Why? I'm not sure.

Besides the women's night of prayer, which is one of my favorite events personally, I've noticed a decline in events for women. A few years back, I remember hearing of a women's retreat, but am wondering why that isn't happening annually, and why there is nothing else going on for women in our church.

I am completely in love with Solid Rock because I know we are a body of believers who love Jesus, so please don't think that this post is meant to bring anyone in our church down. I'm just writing this to ask you (the two or three people who actually read this blog, ha!) to pray about all of this.

Pray for vision for the leadership, and women, at Solid Rock to come together and find something that fits us and follows what Jesus would have. There is an overwhelming amount of beauty in our church, through the women who are absolutely in love with Jesus, and I want nothing more to have a solid ministry that would enable them to be poured into so that they may more easily pour out into their own ministries and to their friends and family.

For a church who has become incredible at raising up amazing male leaders, I pray that we can establish a healthy community for women, centered around our first love: Jesus.

We need more than a blog.
We need Jesus, relationships, and community, in a real and meaningful way.




In Christ,

Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment