Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 91: Falling Whistles


We are called to serve, on a mission of faith. Last night, I was able to experience just what that means in a community of people who love and desire to follow Jesus. It's an amazing feeling to be surrounded by people who are committed to making a difference.

Today, I went with my wonderful friend Emily to the Lizard Lounge in the ever lovely Pearl district. I was on the hunt for a simple whistle, and I was not disappointed. I wear this whistle proudly, and added the cross my family gave me to the same chain.

I carry my cross and this whistle side by side.

I want to explain why I bought this whistle, why I couldn't wait any longer after hearing what it was about to go out and get one. I want to say so much, as usual, but for this, I need someone else to speak.

Please go here to read the story: http://www.fallingwhistles.com/story/

It is the story of a single day, a single day worthy of joy and praise to God.

He is teaching me what it means to have mission on the mind, consistently and intentionally.

Please read this story, and know that our voices matter as well as our actions.




In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment