Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 70: Wait For It

Today, my friend sent me a funny text, telling me about how much fun she had hanging out with a friend of hers. She told me how funny he was, and how she wished I could've met him because I would've instantly liked him. Of course I told her to introduce us. That's when she filled me in that he was visiting from another state.

Thanks a lot, friend! Haha!

I mentioned something about waiting, to which my friend replied, “isn't most of life waiting, anyway?”

I replied, “I prefer to think of it as learning, and preparing.”

She then said, “It's still waiting, whatever you want to call it.”

I can always count on her for a good laugh! :)

So, naturally, I got to thinking. Waiting is something that we always talk about, stress over, analyze, and ponder. What does it mean to wait? And, more importantly, what does it mean to wait well? These days, I find myself overwhelmed with the amount of people my age becoming engaged, and getting married...starting families, even. I am also saddened by the amount of separations and deep marital problems that I have seen among people my age.

Both of these instances, the good and the bad, have greatly affected the way that I wait.

I know that God's plan for me is the best, and even when it sometimes hurts to wait it out and see what He has for me, in the deepest part of who I am, I know that it is worth it and that it is right. Being a woman, there is a deep desire within me to pour out love and admiration and encouragement to whatever man there is for me, Lord willing, but I know that now I need to give that all to God.

I need to focus on learning how to love Jesus, so that if I am put together with someone, I already know what it feels like to be fully loved and to love fully.

Knowing and loving Jesus needs to be our greatest desire, and if it's not, a relationship will not satisfy that desire. Inserting a boyfriend or girlfriend into the empty cavity in our chests will not render us whole, but instead will create even more problems.

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you are single, wait on Him and wait well. Don't sit around, moping on how you wish your love story would run into you. Look to Jesus, pursue Him, and chances are you will run into something far more beautiful that way. Be alert, sober minded, and just remember to shine.

Light is attracted to light, and darkness to darkness. Attract people with your light and love for Jesus, because that attraction will run deeper than beauty, humor, or anything else we possess as humans.

Love Jesus first, and don't worry about anything else. Trust me, as I'm trying to do the same.


In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment