Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 67: What I Want


It's funny how we sometimes think that we can control our nature, as if we are only strong within ourselves. How far do we need to fall before we realize that we aren't invincible? It's something worth thinking about, because if you're anything like me, you push the boundaries in so many situations because you think you can handle it.

Wake up! You can't.

And neither can I.

God continually teaches me through my disregard for His desires, and my own selfish endeavors. He keeps calling me back to the truth and to the cross. I often have to be reminded of the greatest sacrifice in order to accomplish my own.

It's hard to die daily, to what we want, and to our flesh.

But it's so very necessary, and so very critical.

God is pruning me, showing me what to cut from my life in order to grow. But I fight, like any spoiled child, and I find it so hard. But then I remember His heart...how He would do anything for me,

how he has done everything for me.

And I digress...and go back to the garden, remembering the way He had planned for us and what we brought upon ourselves.

I want joy; I want love; I want the garden.

And all that really means is that I want God. It helps to remember how simple it all really is.



In Christ,


Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment