Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 60: The Balancing Act

I hate that in-between feeling. You know, that feeling of being half-hearted, half-dedicated, half caring about certain situations, and/or relationships with people. Lately, my heart has been troubled about how to reach out to a friend who I feel so distant from. I've not only been worried about what I'll have to say, but the manner in which I'll say it.

I'm so in-between caring, and not...between being disappointed and angry because I don't understand what my friend is doing, or where she is coming from.  And, on the surface, I'm incredibly upset with the way she has handled so many situations.
 
But, in a way, I feel like so much could've been avoided with simple communication from both sides.  And then I think on all of the mistakes I've made, and remember that we are all human...flawed, imperfect.

I feel like God is testing my ability not only for patience, but for mercy and grace. I need to trust that His spirit will work, and not worry about how I factor into everything. So often, I feel responsible for the choices that others make, and feel the need to bring them back to God. But, while that is the case sometimes, it is also necessary for me to realize that only the Spirit can truly call a person back to righteousness and convict us in our sin.

I pray for mercy, grace, and clarity....over, and over, and over again.

In Christ,



Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment