Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 29: To Be Bold


It's been a long day, but it's been fun.

Tonight, we celebrated Kelsey and Erin's birthdays. They both share the same birthday (November 21) and so we thought we would have something fun on Friday so that a bunch of friends could come over and enjoy the celebration.

It was a good time, but I really cherished the time I got to spend meeting fellow believers and watching them in action. I love the boldness that God has gifted some people with, along with the articulation that He has given to others.

It encouraged me, and reminded me that we can be a light anywhere, and to anyone.
Even if they don't want to listen.

It is important to be able to articulate your faith, especially to people who don't know much about it, or do not ascribe to it for certain reasons. The word tells me to hide all scripture in my heart so that I will know the words to give to those who don't know the Lord or what He has done for them.

I feel like God is preparing me to be that bold witness, while equipping me with knowledge and examples like I saw tonight. I feel like He has been working this in me for a while, but I know now that this is the time for me to respond, and to be what He is calling me to be...

A bold & steadfast witness for him.

God doesn't need a defender; he just needs a witness, someone who is willing to testify of the grace and mercy that is abundant in Him.

I pray that I become that person.



In Christ,



Lilia

No comments:

Post a Comment